Thursday, January 20, 2011

Results of Group 1 from the survey questionnaire



The first chart shows group 1 ages: 17-21 survey volunteers.

   There were a total of 100 survey voluteers 38 males (blue) and 62 females (red)
 The second or middle chart reflects the answer to the survey question below.
  Question: Do you use the Internet to Summarize a story you have not read?
  Answer: According to 27% of males (blue)  responded yes and 38% of females (red) summarized a   story they had not read.
                 According to11% of males (blue) were no and 34% of females (red) summarized less.

The third chart reflects the answer to the survey question below.
    Question: Do you twitter?
    Answer: 0% of males twitter and 4% of females twitter.
                    38% of males did not twitter and 58% of females do not twitter.

Commments: Here are a few comments from group one according to the answer of question  two.
Comment: It is so much easier to summarize because I don't have time to read much with all my   classes.
Comment: I thank the Lord for Google, but I don't think that is nothing wrong with summarizing, just not all the time.
Comment: When you summarize a story before you read it, you take the fun out of the suspense of the reading the story.
Comment: I summarize sometimes, but most of the time, I usually read the actual required materials.
Comment: I just think its easier to summarize everything, because it gives me time to do other things.
Comment: Think about it this way, why should it matter how you get information as long s it is accurate.
Comment: I only the Internet to research, not to summarize a story, because I like to read okay!
Comment: I am in college, and most of my courses require some or alot of research, so its hard not to summarize something that I have not read previously.